1. Customization Capabilities: You want a software program that can be completely customized to meet your individual needs. The program should allow you to use your own logos and corporate branding to provide the form with a professional look. The software also needs to be able to ask the questions that are important to your event. You will need to have a program that allows you to arrange the application in a manner that will cover everything, without asking for useless information.
2. Payment Capabilities: When looking at software programs, you will want to find a program that offers integrated payment options. This simple act of being able to take payments on the application site, instead of being redirected to a different site for payment, will increase the number of people that register for your event. Many people will opt out of an event if they feel their payment is being processed in an unsecure manner. Using a program that incorporates everything into the application, even providing deductions or additions to the price for special features, will provide applicants with the feeling of security that they need to complete the transaction.
3. Communication Capabilities: Once a person is registered, event coordinators will want to stay in communication with the applicant until the event is over. Once the event is passed, coordinators will desire to keep in contact with attendees so that they can inform them of future events. You want registration software that automatically creates an email database of registered applicants so that marketing can be conducted for the event.
4. Statistic Capabilities: One of the most important things an event planner can do is review the statistics from their registrations. Understanding the demographics of who registered for an event and understanding which venues were the most popular will help market future events. Coordinators that utilize this type of information will quickly learn who their target market is for their events, what draws the most people to the event, and how to improve future events to increase attendance. Any software program that you use for registration purposes must contain statistic capabilities so that when the registration process is over, the statistics can easily be obtained and reviewed.
5. Support Capabilities: When you invest into registration software, you want to look for a company that provides excellent customer service for their product. You need to know that support is available and competent. You want to know that if there is a problem, there is also a guarantee.
Using the right software will simplify the registration process for both the attendee and the company sponsoring the event. Sports teams and charitable organizations will also find that proper registration software increases the amount of people that become and stay members because registration is easy. Anyone who is planning an event will find that registration software is the answer to all their registration problems.